Thursday, February 23, 2017

Battle Report: PHR Vs. Shalthari 1250 Points

The both lists were different...


So on a fine Saturday in the past, The Post Human Republic moved into to orbit where they engaged an unsuspecting Shaltari fleet.  This game was played with Scenario 1: Take and Hold at 1250 points using the Rapid Response approach type.

This is my first attempt at a video battle report, myself and Will decide on the spur of the moment to record it. I am fairly happy with how it turned out both audio and video quality wise. Hopefully this will be the first of many.




1250 Battleship 2 - 1234pts
PHR - 0 launch assets
1250 - 1240pts
Shaltari - 4 launch assets

SR15 Flag battlegroup (285pts)
1 x Heracles - 285pts - S
SR15 Flag battlegroup (270pts)
1 x Diamond - 270pts - S
SR5 Line battlegroup (135pts)
1 x Ganymede - 135pts - M

SR15 Vanguard battlegroup (275pts)
1 x Onyx - 165pts - H
1 x Amber - 110pts - M
SR5 Line battlegroup (135pts)
1 x Ganymede - 135pts - M
SR15 Vanguard battlegroup (275pts)
1 x Onyx - 165pts - H
1 x Amber - 110pts - M
SR17 Line battlegroup (383pts)
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M
2 x Orion - 214pts - M
2 x Europa - 80pts - L
SR10 Line battlegroup (200pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (156pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
SR5 Line battlegroup (145pts)
1 x Basalt - 145pts - M

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (140pts)
2 x Echo - 60pts - L
2 x Europa - 80pts - L
SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (75pts)
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L
2 x Voidgate - 30pts - L

Right off the bat, Will opted to not have any launch assists, which I feel was very odd considering the effectiveness of PHR bombers. But knowing was playing PHR I took my Basalt for the purpose of counter acting his bombers, this in turn allowed my bombers to be more effective, but if I knew he wasn't taking any carrier support, which leads me to the second odd part. In my list I have the ability to launch seven ground assists but only have five gates. 

Im not going to get into a turn by turn break down of the the game, since you can watch it in its entirety, except for a couple of mistakes that is made. One of my Ambers was hit with cracked armor, thus putting the save to six, both myself and Will forgot this and it would have exploded. I also changed orbital layers and went weapons free which also unable to do, since you must be able to turn to drop, but you can't go weapons free and turn. 

The scoring break down was 13-8 at the end of turn 4 in favor of Will. But at the end of turn 5 he had to leave and conceded the game to me as he was not going to hold any critical locations at all and i was going to be able to get contesting points from clusters that turn. Despite the difference in fleet sizes at the end of the game, turn 4 scoring was close, and turn 6 scoring would have been close as well.

Final thoughts on the game. From what I have seen staggered approaches do not favor the PHR at all, especially when there is uncertainty on the ships that are coming on. Where as Shaltari, for my play style anyways, having battlegroups coming on in a delayed fashion is very useful for seeing what you opponent doing and reacting by shooting, a lot. To me is seems like the PHR are lacking something with their bulk lander ships. In this game Will was unable to drop any assets from them at all. Would love to hear some thought about that from other PHR players.  Until next time, may your enemies fear you when you go weapons free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment